Got this from Crone and Bear It’s Blog. Sounded like fun and a lot like those emails that go around. You know the type: “Getting to know you” emails. For this one you need to BOLD the ones you have done and feel free to add your own comments and pass it on. There were some I thought should have been combined so extra things could have been added to the list, but, alas, I didn’t make up the list…
1. Started your own blog– Yep, this one
2. Slept under the stars –several times. I love camping, best way to do this imho
3. Played in a band – never in a rock band but I did play in Jr & Sr High school bands. My goal was to learn 5 musical instruments. To date I have learned 4. My 5th will either be the banjo or folk harp and if I’m really ambitious, both.
4. Visited Hawaii – Yes, was there for a whole month
5. Watched a meteor shower – saw one once, they are a sight to see and you have to be up late at night and in an area where there are no lights. Mostly visible in August. Also got to see Haley’s Comet
6. Given more than you can afford to charity – Never had the money to even think about giving money, however I have donated food and clothing
7. Been to Disneyland – Yes, twice, once as a child and again at age 23. Think I enjoyed it more the second time
8. Climbed a mountain – Yes, having lived in Colorado, lots of mountains to choose from. Of course, I didn’t make it all the way to the top, did more hiking than anything else. Oh, and sometimes cheated (went up by car, hehehe)
9. Held a praying mantis – don’t think so but I did see one up close once
10. Sang a solo – Yes, at age 7 in school. I also play guitar and sing–mostly folk and country western music, and sang at a boy scout banquet.
11. Bungee jumped – Never, no way, not in this or any other life time. I hate heights
12. Visited Paris – I wish
13. Watched a thunder and lightning storm– All the time, love them. Especially love sitting on a porch swing to watch the lightning flash.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch – Are you kidding? I can’t draw to save my life, lol
15. Adopted a child – thought about it
16. Had food poisoning – Yes, indeed, tainted lobster. Didn’t stop me from ever eating them again however
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty – Wanted to but my mother who hates heights and saw the line and the number of stairs involved, stopped me, lol
18. Grown your own vegetables – Best veggies you can get are in your own garden, so yes, I have. Word to the wise: Go easy on the Miracle Grow! lol
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France- I wish
20. Slept on an overnight train – I can’t sleep in moving vehicles, so nope
21. Had a pillow fight – Yes and it was indeed fun!!
22. Hitch hiked – I’m not crazy! There are too many nuts out there
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill – A few times
24. Built a snow fort – Yes, as a kid
25. Held a lamb – I’ve petted them in zoos, have even carded the wool. the only “odd” creature I’ve ever held was a baby alligator
26. Gone skinny dipping – I’m not that adventurous…
27. Run a Marathon – No but I’ve watched one or two
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice – Never been there, but would love to—some day
29. Seen a total eclipse – Both Solar and Lunar
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset– Oh my yes!!! They are gorgeous whether in the mountains or on the ocean and I’ve seen them both ways
31. Hit a home run – Have to say no here, never been much for baseball or softball
32. Been on a cruise – Nope, but I would go if I had the chance. Course with my luck, I’d get seasick lol
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person- never, but thought it would be neat to see
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors – No, as far as my mother’s side goes, yes, if you count here in the US. My dad’s family lives in Louisiana and I spent 6 1/2 years there.
35. Seen an Amish community – Only once, in PA
36. Taught yourself a new language – Not really, though with my international folk dancing I do sing some along with some of the tunes in the native languages. That doesn’t mean I understand them though, lol. I do know a few words/phrases in Italian, French, Spanish and Hungarian, however
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied – I have had a number of very lean years in terms of cash flow. I feel the most satisfaction comes from enjoying things in life that you don’t have to pay for…see comments on meteor showers and sunsets/sunrises
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person – No, but would love to get the chance
39. Gone rock climbing – Heck NO!! I hate heights and even using a rope doesn’t make it better
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David – Replica only, not the real thing, however, I did see Michelangelo’s Pieta before that nut broke off the Virgin’s hand
41. Sung karaoke – At least once in a bar. My friends had no idea I could sing
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt – Am ashamed to say I never have, even though I lived for 26 years in Colorado and could have made the trip up there, sigh. When I get back there, it is on my “to do” list
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant – Never had the money to do this but it’s a great idea and something I will definitely consider
44. Visited Africa – Nope and have no desire to
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight – Oh yes, daytime and nighttime, lived 7 miles from the ocean as a kid
46. Been transported in an ambulance – Yes, one time. My life depended on it.
47. Had your portrait painted – Nope, I couldn’t sit still for that long, lol
48. Gone deep sea fishing- Not yet, don’t know any deep sea fishermen, but I would do it if ever given the opportunity
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person – Italy is one place I have always wanted to visit but the lack of funds stops me every time
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris- See #49, substitute France for Italy lol
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling – Nope, I like my feet on solid ground, tyvm lol
52. Kissed in the rain – I don’t believe so
53. Played in the mud – maybe, as a child
54. Gone to a drive-in theater – Oh, all the time growing up, it was a family event
55. Been in a movie – Never had the fortune to be discovered. Haven’t even accidentally been filmed while a movie was being shot
56. Visited the Great Wall of China – No, but that would be an awesome thing to see
57. Started a business – Yes and probably will again, someday
58. Taken a martial arts class – Started taking Karate but didn’t like the sharp sudden movements. I found Tai Chi more to my liking
59. Visited Russia – No, but I would if given the chance
60. Served at a soup kitchen – Maybe some day I’ll get the chance to do that
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies– Yes, as a Brownie. However, I do love eating them even more lol
62. Gone whale watching -not in the ocean but I have seen whales in aquariums
63. Got flowers for no reason – neither of my husbands were the type to give flowers:(
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma – I have this thing about needles….
65. Gone sky diving – Again, I like my feet firmly on the ground, lol
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp – Have never done that. I know it would be sobering to do so. Even watching movies with that theme is rather sobering for me
67. Bounced a check –A few times. Till I learned how to balance my checkbook
68. Flown in a helicopter –Not at this writing. Not sure I would unless the right person were to convince me otherwise.
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy – I wish I had. I had a small collection of dolls dressed in international costumes I’d loved to have kept
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial –Yes, and the Washington Monument
71. Eaten caviar – Blech! I know they’re supposed to be a delicacy, but…?
72. Pieced a quilt – Yep, and it was a queen sized one. I never start small projects. My first knitting project was an afghan
73. Stood in Times Square –Yes, but never on New Year’s Eve
74. Toured the Everglades – Definitely on my “to do” list
75. Been fired from a job – yes
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London – I would love to get to England some day
77. Broken a bone – Not that I know of, though I may have had a linear fracture in my ankle. I have had a number of sprains however
78. Been a passenger on a motorcycle – rode for 5 years in the 70s
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person – at least 4 times, up close and personal. It was an awesome experience. If you never have yourself, I can tell you this, it is definitely more impressive in person. Pictures do not even come close.
80. Published a book -thought it would be a neat thing to do but I don’t think I have the writing aptitude to do so, nor the patience
81. Visited the Vatican – See previous comments about Italy
82. Bought a brand new car – yes, though most of my cars I prefer to be at least 2 years old
83. Walked in Jerusalem – I’ve always wanted to see the Holy Land, but don’t think that will ever happen.
84. Had your picture in the newspaper – Yes, in second grade. I’d forgotten about it, but my mom sent me the pic that was reprinted in the local paper. I think my classmates were trying to figure out who one of the girls was for a class reunion.
85. Kissed a stranger at midnight on New Year’s Eve – never have
86. Visited the White House – twice, in the same afternoon, lol. It was during JFK’s administration. We had just gone thru when his helicopter landed on the lawn so we hurried around the block to go back in, in the hopes of seeing him. Unfortunately, there was a curtain partially open with only a leg in view. We assumed it was his leg, but never found out for sure.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating – Nope and never will. I can’t stand the idea of killing animals
88. Had chickenpox -yes
89. Saved someone’s life – Never had that honor
90. Sat on a jury -no, but I think it would be a fantastic experience.
91. Met someone famous -several individuals, in fact. Betsy Palmer, Danny Thomas, John Davidson, Joey Heatherton, Robert Goulet, all of the above with the exception of Danny Thomas played or sang at a Summer Theater. Mr. Thomas I saw at Stapleton International Airport and went up to him and talked to him.
92. Joined a book club – No but I was a member of a music club once
93. Got a tattoo -again, I HATE needles lol
94. Had a baby -yes, one son
95. Seen the Alamo in person – tried to, couldn’t find it. Heard it was kind of run down and disappointing.
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake -No, can’t stand salt, however I have been to Zion National Park and along the Virgin River
97. Been involved in a law suit – No
98. Owned a cell phone – Several
99. Been stung by a bee – Twice. Both were wasps. Well, I call them wasps, I guess it depends on the area of the country you grow up in.
Thank you Crone and Bear It for sharing this. (Think I’ll go back to 300 words or less, lol)